Kinesiology Taping Techniques for the Spine and Extremities
Pre-requisites : This course is open to all rehab, health and wellness professionals.
*Tape will be provided for practice and take home.
This course will focus on teaching kinesiology Taping techniques for the most common spine and extremity conditions. The course is 80% hands on and 20% lecture with emphasis on the most effective Kinesiology Taping techniques.
Kinesiology Taping is a very popular and effective treatment technique that is currently being utilized by different healthcare professionals as well as wellness and athletic professionals.
It has been proven that the theory of origin to insertion of taping is not a valid theory, however in certain instances the direction of taping matters, especially when dealing with swelling or a mechanical correction.
This course makes learning Kinesiology Taping very simple as you will learn a very effective way to perform taping without having to memorize so much % stretch etc… You will learn the technique through understanding it, rather than memorizing it!
By the conclusion of this course, the participants should be able to perform the following
- Describe the history and origin of Kinesiology taping and how the technique has evolved over time.
- Understand the different Taping theories currently available.
- Demonstrate proper application of the kinesiology taping to various parts of the body including the spine and extremities.
- Explain the indications, contraindications and precautions for applying Kinesiology taping.
- Demonstrate proper positioning of the patient and part to be taped.
- Demonstrate proper taping technique for controlling swelling, mechanical correction and neuromuscular re-education.
- Demonstrate proper technique for measuring the size of tape to be used based on body part being treatment and proper cutting technique.
Demonstrate proper understanding of the current available literature to support the use Kinesiology Taping